An exceptional opportunity has arisen to join one of Wales Care and Repair organisations as a Finance Manager. Care and Repair (North East Wales) Limited is an innovative and ambitious organisation, with strong values. Our mission is to bring together housing, health and social care support to improve quality of life for older and vulnerable people. We have developed a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, built on customers’ identified needs, with targets to deliver new and improved services to meet the needs of the North and East Wales communities.
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive, the Finance Manager will lead the Finance functions. With an ambitious growth strategy in place you will help drive the future and assist, analyse and develop strategies surrounding potential opportunities whilst also reviewing internal performance and processes.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Executive and Board of Management to contribute to the development and implementation of business strategy, and take full responsibility for financial planning and control, treasury management, risk, audit assurance, and compliance services.
- Responsible for the day to day financial management.
- You will have strong leadership skills, commercial awareness and excellent business partnering skills in order to drive business performance.
- Ensure delivery against the Company’s corporate objectives;
- Ensure that all financial regulatory requirements are met to a high standard with the appropriate level of technical expertise.
- Set, monitor and plan revenue, capital, cash and balance sheet budgets and longer term financial plans to ensure Care and Repair North East and associated companies deliver a value for money service;
- Effectively manage budgets and financial medium-term plans to ensure that the business plans are met and sufficiently challenged.
- Produce monthly income and expenditure accounts, balance sheet and capital programmes with full explanation of all variances to budget through to production of management accounts reports for presentation at Board
- Provide regular budget re-forecasts to support financial decision making
- Monitor and report on cash flow in order to monitor the cash balance and short-term balances to support business objectives
- Banking authorisation of suppler invoices etc.
- Ensure that the Treasury Management function is properly controlled and that the funding arrangements for the Group are appropriate to meet its business plan ambitions, including sourcing and negotiating new funding where required with the support of financial advisors
- Production of draft financial statements / statutory accounts in preparation for review by external auditors
- Ensure there are adequate arrangements regarding bankers, auditors, taxation and financial advisers and implement the recommendations of the advisors as necessary
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Assist, analyse and develop strategies surrounding potential opportunities
Key Skills Required
- You will ideally be a fully qualified accountant
- At least 3 years senior managerial experience preferably within the Housing or Voluntary sector leading a multi-disciplinary team
- In depth knowledge of regulatory compliance including liaison with external and internal auditors being the principle contact for statutory audits
- A natural leadership style and strong people management skills that will help motivate, increase performance and capability.
- Clear understanding of financial risk management, ideally along with experience of risk management methodology.This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious team during a time of considerable change, internal and external, and contribute to the challenges and opportunities that exist, present and future. We offer a supportive environment and pay a competitive salary and a range of other great benefits. We believe in investing in our colleagues, because we want to attract and retain the very best people.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlace For You , Rowleys Drive, Shotton, Flintshire, CH5 1PY
Telephone number 01352 758700 Website: www.careandrepairnew.co.uk
If you would like an informal chat please contact Wendy Bowden
The closing date for the applications is 31st March 2018
Please apply by completing our application form which you can obtain by visiting our website, email or telephone
So, if you share our vision and values and want to help us to create the new, we would love to hear from you.